I'm filling in a bit at job # 2 which means working nights in addition to Saturdays. It runs me down pretty quickly and cuts into the knitting time but the extra $$$ is GREAT. Especially since I have a few events coming up.
First of all, The Maryland Reniassance Festival begins on August 25th. This is a long standing tradition, I go every year. Daniel and I used to go together and spent the last hour dancing at the Dragon Inn to the awesome band, The Rogues. Last year, Nelson from The Rogues did a wonderful thing. He yelled out over the crowd that we had lost one of our own and asked everyone in the audience to raise there glasses and toast Daniels memory. Then they played Amazing Grace and the last note trailed into the first note of a jig. That was so perfect. Just absolutely perfect. So RennFest is bitter sweet for me but I feel so close to Daniel there that I wouldn't consider NOT going.
Second, a knitterly thing, Stitches East is coming!!! I am taking a couple vacation days and staying up there. Shari from the knitting group is going to attend with me. :) LOTS Of yummy stuff!!! I plan on heading right for the Malabrigo and Lisa Souza yarns. Its good to have a plan, especially since when i went to Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival I was pretty much in awe of all the lovely stuff.
I am still waiting for Malabrigo to introduce their SOCK yarn! Its still in the develpoment phase but I have been promised a pre-release hank so I can review it. Ohhh I can't wait.
Since I don't have any pics to post, I think I will refresh my THINGS TO KNIT list.
Socks: Antique Rose, Mirabella, Beatrix, Widdershins, and Cable Net
Garments: Cable Panel Pullover, Pasticcio Circular Vest, Chunky Highland Wool Wrap
Baby Stuffs for other people: Devan
Okay.. thats enough to overwhelm me for a little while. I have yet to even begin thinking about CHRISTMAS KNITS! ::faints::
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment