Friday, July 13, 2007

Well, theres good news and bad news these days.


The bad news is that despite following the pattern Coachella is DEFINITELY too big for Dawn. Well... I fear no frog so its ready to be cast on again-but this time, in 2 sizes smaller. Sorry Dij. So much for getting it to you by Aug 1.


The good news is I needed something to take my mind off Coachella so I cast on for Kiri. I have not had much luck with lace, mostly I think because I am working with real laceweight yarn.
I mean micro tiny yarn. I love the effect, I love the weight of it, light as air.
Oh but its hard to work with.
Somehow I survived to line 29 of the pattern, using a lifeline after every 2 rows. Pics will be up tonight. :)
Oh, and for all the other 80's fans out there... I have been streaming this station at work for the last month and loving every minute of it. Okay, so for some reason they took my favorite 80's song, Electric Blue by Icehouse, off the playlist... but they still have Who's Johnny by El Debarge. (NUMBER 5 IS ALIVE!!!) So...that, in my eyes, is total redemption.
Heh. I wonder if anyone will get that reference. Yay for 80's pop culture .

1 comment:

Corbie said...

Sock weight yarn (fingering), like Koigu KPPPM, works well for lace, too :) That's what I used for my first two shawls. So if you're looking for a use for all that sock yarn in your stash....

One caveat is that yarn with big color shifts doesn't work well. It looks like cat barf, in fact. I tried knitting with some KnitPicks laceweight that I thought would be just lovely, but it made such big shifts from white to blue that I frogged the whole thing and overdyed it with blue dye. Now the yarn goes from sky blue to medium blue, and ought to work better (I haven't gotten around to trying to knitting with it again yet).