I was a bit disheartened at no longer having the excuse to buy laceweight. I mean, how can I if I KNOW I will never use it? So I decided to cheer myself up by going by Springwater Fiber Workshop to find some inspiration for a new project. Who did I bump into but Mara! After crying on her shoulder a bit about my lace (or lack there of) woes she directed me to Kiri a pattern she thought might be a bit easier for a beginner to try. I left having not bought anything new, but with a renewed sense of hope that yes, I too can knit lace. Ha! Be warned tiny yarn and giant needles...I WILL NOT BE DEFEATED!!!
I decided to wait until I receive my stash transfer before attempting lace again. I am encouraged by the fact that I am still excited about knitting lace despite my less than successful "practice sessions". So I cast on for Coachella for my friend Dawn in Ohio. Its a pretty "mindless" knit as I don't have to count continuously. Just row upon row of lovely stockinette.
I think it will be a great escape from the complexity of knitting lace. (or rather trying to)
Sunday was a blast as I met with Shari, another knitter from the group. She is a trip and over lunch, Borders, Michaels and 2 (yes two) trips to A.C. Moore, much laughter ensued. You wouldn't believe the things we learned to say in Italian!!!
Oh and I got the neatest bag from A. C. Moore-perfect for knitting. Pockets EVERYWHERE! Bought one in pink and one in black. May go back and get the yellow one tonight. Must. Be. Color. Coordinated.





No comments:
Post a Comment