Friday, June 29, 2007

Wow. I have nothing on the needles. Not a thing. How unusual for someone who normally has 2-3 things going at once. I feel really disorganized and would like to wind everything in my stash and inventory it all. I've been on a yarn diet and being a very good girl about it. I'll probably break that this weekend. Actually I already have. One of the members of KH was de-stashing and I fell in love with some laceweight she had.


Isn't it LOVELY? Its 80% wool, 20% Japanese toraylon lace weight, 1900 yards total. It is a nice muted brown with flecks of green.


And besides... it can't count as new stash yarn if it was someones old stash right? I figure that technically, its stash transferance which is completely legal. *nods*

Why, oh WHY, do I have such a penchant for laceweight yarns and sock yarns? At least I KNIT SOCKS! But lace? I admit, I want to. I reeeeeally want to. I just find that I have a very hard time with keeping my place and I frog and frog and finally give up. Mara has been wonderful, encouraging me to try, try again. Maybe thats it. Maybe thats WHY I don't have anything on the needles. Ohhhh, I'm off to look at lace patterns!

1 comment:

Corbie said...

So get with it, girl!

How about this?

Did you hear me talking about knitting with lifelines?
http://www.knittingobsession.com/tips/lacefaq.htm