Tuesday, August 15, 2006

So, finally I have fallen from grace. I am one of them. The blogging knitters. Or rather knitting bloggers, if titles must be listed in order of importance. A knogger?!? Well, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

Knitters...The kind of people who will give you the Malabrigo right off their backs. Some good eggs, although a few are cracked. (you know who you are!) Fellow knitters can be very helpful when a beautiful lace stitch hole appears in the decidedly non lace patterned sweater you have spent the last 3 months working on. Or if you need to vent your stash (or a lack there of) woes. Or if you catch your darling dog/cat/infant eating your only skein of Artyarns Silk Rhapsody.

I have met so many good people since I started this endeavor. Sometimes I think my life so far would be different if I had learned to knit earlier. Oh, well... no point in looking back. You can't frog your past. Look ahead. Look towards the yarn. Design a new pattern for your life. Keep an eye on the big picture, but remember to pay attention to the short rows. Thats where the shaping takes place. Patience, patience, patience. These are the things knitting teaches you.


1 comment:

Squawker Girl said...

yes, welcome to the dark side. Blogging about our obsessions.